If you haven’t had one of those your are a) extremely lucky b) in denial or c) have no idea what I’m talking about.
Let me try explain. It usually begins in the mornings – at least for me it does.
You wake up late, you’re rushing in the morning, you have too much to, you are overwhelmed, you can’t find anything to wear amongst your hundreds of clothes (the girls will relate more to that than the guys) and then there are those mornings where you just literally wake up in a bad mood.
In order to conquer these days, I have stumbled upon a few remedies.
- Realize this may not be the best day and be OK with that. They are bound to happen – so there’s not much you can do to prevent it.
- Do not dwell on the fact that this day is going to suck.
- Do something about it. I have found physical activity, eating something healthy, listening to throwback music, searching on BuzzFeed all help.
- Treat yourself to something.
- Realize the day is comprised of only 24 hours and that there’s always tomorrow.
- Trust someone loves you and is thinking about you
- Know someone is having a worse day than you.
Those all may be helpful when you are having an off day. It gets better, but you have to train your mind to realize it will get better. I recently had one and did not follow my own advice. It took me the entire day to realize what I was doing wrong. I was dwelling on the fact that something didn’t go the way I wanted it. The situation was out of my control. It took someone else telling me to look at the good in my life for me to get over my “off” day.
Sometimes is takes someone else to tell you these things in order to you to really get it.
Fact: Someone cares about you and gives a shit. Find that someone and I bet you they will tell you some rendition of the above “get over it” list.
Most importantly, look at the good things in your life and be thankful. You never know when someone or something may be taken away. Focus on the good and know there are only 24 hours in a day.